It’s already Hurricane 2018 Season and I have always had some extra worry collecting food for an emergency. It’s mostly because I’ve always had to make sure I have food for our child with celiac and 44 food allergies! (You should see what I pack for him to eat on a cruise lol)
So, it’s just starting to occur to me that my whole household is all on the Keto lifestyle and we’ll need food for the Hurricane season. Normally with Keto we don’t use processed foods. We tend to use whole foods. This is proving to be a little more challenging. Now, this isn’t the first time I’ve been dieting and packing for Hurricane season. Last year I was very low carb as well, with moderate fats. It was a modified version of Keto and I packed canned chicken, tuna, olives and such. So, let’s here’s a list of my top 10 items that will work in a pinch!
- Olives (I prefer the ones that are in the little plastic cups. The To-Go ones)
- Foil Packaged white tuna in olive oil. (This one is tricky because a lot of them use canola too! Check carefully)
- Foil Packaged Chicken. This usually is just that.. Chicken!
- Almonds (plain, no added oils or sugar)
- Macadamia Nuts (same as above)
- Beef Jerky (I prefer Keto Carne) You can also make your own.
- Parmasean Crisps (I prefer Cello Whisps)
- Pederson Farms sells precooked packaged Bacon that is good! No junk in it!
- Exogenous Ketones (BHB) (I prefer Perfect Keto) (Chocolate or Peach both a great)
- Bone Broth (They sell individual size ones at Whole Foods and some other stores/online)
AND THE MOST EASIEST ONE TO PACK….. NONE! FASTING :) Just make sure you also have Pink Himalayan Sea Salt on hand, along with loads of water for everyone!
I also bake Cloud Bread almost daily since my whole family eats Keto. I keep it in a big ziplock baggie. It wouldn’t hurt to have some on hand a few times a week, just in case!